Why Did I Lose a Gift Card Dispute?
As a buyer, you could lose your dispute due to any of the following reasons:
- Not providing valid evidence requested within the time frame given to you
- 自分がギフトカードの元の所有者であることを証明できなかった。 当社はご自身で購入していないカードの売却を推奨していません。 No brokering of gift cards is allowed
- Selling a used or invalid gift card
- The evidence provided was insufficient
- A violation of the other party’s offer terms and/or trade instructions
- Failing to provide proof of payment, not responding to the seller or otherwise being inactive in the trade after clicking "Paid" (please note that in these cases, your dispute may be decided in under 12 hours)
- Other violations of Paxful’s Terms of Service
Warning: Some of these reasons could lead to you being permanently banned from our platform.
Supporting the trade of gift cards for a cryptocurrency is complicated. The guidelines we follow are to protect the Paxful community when a gift card trade is disputed.
As a seller, you could lose your dispute due to any of the following reasons:
- You redeemed a valid gift card and did not release the cryptocurrency
- A violation of the offer terms and/or trade instructions
- Suspicious trade activity
- You provided insufficient, false, or edited evidence
- Other violations of Paxful’s Terms of Service
Paxfulはギフトカードサービスから最小限のサポートしか受けていませんが、ギフトカードに関する議論を解決するために徹底的な調査を実施しています。 議論に突入したら、ご自身がカードの所有者であることを証明できるようにしておく必要があります。 あなたがギフトカードの元の所有者ではない場合、そのギフトカードの有効性を証明するのは非常に困難です。 For this reason, sellers of cryptocurrency are highly favored in such disputes.
- A photo of the original gift card with your Paxful trade chat clearly visible in the background
- A complete photo of the original receipt (no cut-offs)
- For electronic codes (e-codes), an invoice of the original payment and video recording of your bank statement as proof of purchase
- Proof of conversation with the gift card issuing company’s customer support
- Any additional evidence as required by Paxful (Example: ID Verification)
Note: Gift card disputes may take up to three weeks to resolve. 議論を直ちに解決するには、モデレーターの指示に従い、取引チャットにすぐに応答することが重要です。 Here’s a detailed article about the dispute process.
As per our Terms of Service, we remind you that Paxful is not a licensed gift card vendor nor an authorized dealer of any gift card issuer - and brokering or reselling gift cards is strictly prohibited on our platform. Paxful understands that gift card disputes can be quite challenging and we are continuously working towards solutions to make the trading experience safe and secure for all our users.
How Do I Start a Dispute on Paxful?
Paxful offers an opportunity for our customers to freely trade crypto with each other. Although the vast majority of the trades go smoothly and successfully, there are cases that require the intervention of a third party — our moderators. On Paxful we have our own dispute system through which we settle conflicts between our users in the best way possible. This article will give you an overview of the dispute resolution process.
Here’s a short and informative video on the topic:
Steps to start a dispute
1. In the trade chat, click Dispute.
The Dispute dialog box appears.
2. Select a dispute reason from the list and explain what happened clearly in the text box below.
Here are the dispute options for sellers and buyers:
- Cryptocurrency seller: Coin locking, payment issue, other.
- Cryptocurrency buyer: Unresponsive vendor, payment issue, other.
3. Click Start dispute and check your trade chat for a message from a moderator.
4. Provide as much evidence as you can, such as:
- Proof of payment (transaction receipt, a screenshot of payment, video proof)
- Proof of ownership (transaction receipt, receipt from the store of the gift cards, online receipt,
- Operation screenshots or video recording.
- Phone call recording of a conversation with the third party’s customer support.
Any additional proof as requested by our moderators.
- Once you have submitted a dispute request, you do not have to contact our Support. Our moderators will definitely look into your case as soon as possible and reach out to you.
- Dispute investigation is a complicated process and may take time (up to three weeks). We are grateful for your patience and understanding.
- Don’t flood the chat with messages as it may hold up the moderator. Wait for the moderator to join the dispute for investigation.
How to cancel your dispute?
If you have started a dispute but changed your mind and want to cancel it, do one the following:
- If you started a dispute as a seller and you see that the buyer has resolved the issue from their side, click Release.
- If you started a dispute as a buyer and you see that the issue has been resolved, click Cancel.
Tip: To ensure the best solution possible, wait for a moderator and let them decide on how to solve the dispute.
Reasons for losing a dispute
If you lose a dispute, it could be for several reasons. The most common reasons are:
- You were not able to provide clear reasons and evidence as requested by the moderator
- The evidence you provided was not enough
We also check the trading history of both parties to see if you were able to follow the trade instructions or offer terms of the previous trades. A decision is made only when the investigation is finalized to the moderator’s satisfaction. Read more here: Why did I lose a gift card dispute?
Read more on how to protect your funds from scammers in our security guide.