Tether (USDT) Wallet
How Can I Check the Status of My Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT) Transaction?
When you send ETH or USDT from one wallet to another, you can check the status of the transaction through Etherscan for ETH and Ethereum based Tether (ERC-20), and Tronscan for Tron based USDT (TRC-20). Check out the steps below to get started:
Each transaction has a transaction ID (also known as a transaction hash). The IDs generally look like a bunch of random numbers and letters and looking something like this:
To find your transaction ID in your Paxful wallet:
- Log in to your Paxful account and head to your wallet
- Scroll down to your Tether or Ethereum transactions at the bottom of the page and select “all transactions” to see your full transaction history
- Once you find the transaction you’re looking for, copy the transaction ID
Once you have the transaction ID:
- Head over to Etherscan.io or Tronscan.org
- Paste in the transaction ID
- From there, you can track your transaction. It usually takes 12 confirmations (it can take up to 30 on some platforms) for your transaction to complete, so hang tight!
For more information on sending USDT, take a look at this article.
Receiving and Depositing Tether (USDT)
If you’re looking to deposit USDT into your Paxful wallet, check out the steps below to get started:
- Log in to your Paxful account and head to the Wallet page.
- Click “Receive” under your Tether wallet.
- You'll now see your wallet address here, allowing you to copy and paste the address, or you can use the QR code. Please make sure the amount you’ll be receiving is worth more than the fee!
- After USDT is sent, the transaction needs 12 confirmations on the blockchain to be successful. You can check out the status of the transaction through Etherscan here. Just grab the transaction ID from your Paxful wallet here and enter it into Etherscan to track.
- If you have an old Tether address, you'll be charged a network fee when you use it to deposit Tether. You can avoid that fee by using your new Tether address.
Sending and Withdrawing Tether (USDT)
Sending Tether (USDT) from your Paxful wallet is easy! Check out the steps below to get started:
- Log in to your Paxful account and head to the Wallet page.
- Click “Send” under your Tether wallet
- Enter in the amount of USDT that you’d like to send and the recipient’s wallet address. You have two options here: send USDT via the Tron network, or via the Ethereum network. These networks have different fees, which you’ll see listed at this step. Once that’s done, hit “Continue”.
- Next, you’ll see a confirmation page. Double check that the recipient’s wallet address is correct. Once you’re ready and you’ve confirmed all of the information is correct, hit “Send Tether now” and you’re good to go.
- After USDT is sent, the transaction needs 12 confirmations on the blockchain to be successful. You can check out the status of the transaction through Etherscan (for Ethereum USDT) here and Tronscan (for Tron USDT) here. Just grab the transaction ID from your Paxful wallet here and enter it into Etherscan or Tronscan to track.
Warning: If you are in an OFAC grey country, you’ll need to be ID verified to send funds out of your Paxful wallet.
Tether (USDT) FAQs
What is Tether?Tether (USDT) is a stablecoin that is worth around 1 USD. The rate can fluctuate a bit, but it's a 1:1 representation of 1 US dollar on the Ethereum blockchain.Who can trade USDT on Paxful?All users can trade and convert USDT with a verified email address and phone number. However, depending on your country, you may need to verify your address to sell USDT.
For a full list of the verification status needed for USDT transactions, please visit this article.What are the fees for converting USDT?For the full breakdown of USDT fees, check on this article.Can my USDT transaction be cancelled or reversed?Unfortunately, transactions on the blockchain can’t be cancelled or reversed. For more information, check out this article.What is the minimum USDT amount I can sell, buy, or convert?With Paxful, the minimum amount you can buy, sell, and convert is 10 USDT.How can I buy or sell USDT?
You can buy or sell USDT the same way as you would buy or sell Bitcoin in the marketplace!How do I get a USDT wallet address?
Transaction fees on the blockchain can get expensive and are sometimes unpredictable. These fees are called Network fees and do not go to Paxful. They go to the blockchain networks to make sure your funds are safe.
Luckily, the fees in modern blockchains are lower than the fees in the older blockchains (such as Bitcoin and Ethereum). Paxful does its best to give users the option to save on fees, which is why we've added the TRON (TRC-20) Network.
What USDT does Paxful support?
For USDT (Tether USD) we allow two send-out options from your Paxful Wallet: Ethereum (ERC-20 USDT) and TRON (TRC-20 USDT).
Why don't I have the option to use TRON in the mobile app?
Right now TRON is only available on our website. You can use either the desktop or mobile site. TRON will be added to the mobile app soon!
What are the fees associated with TRON USDT send-outs?
Network fees are $0 when you send TRON-based USDT from your Paxful Wallet. However, you will have to pay the Paxful Wallet fee. Check out this article for more information on our fees.
Which network does my wallet/exchange accept?
Typically you can see that in the ‘Receive’ or ‘Deposit’ screen within your wallet. Look for either Ethereum (ERC20) USDT or TRON (TRC20) USDT. If you are given a deposit address, you can easily spot the Ethereum address by the ‘0x’ in the beginning, while TRON addresses start with a capital ‘T’.
Note: Make sure your wallet/exchange supports USDT transfers. Please never withdraw money directly to ICO addresses or services not designed to accept USDT.
What if I want to send USDT to another Paxful user?
You can still send funds to another Paxful Wallet by using a Paxful username or wallet address. There is no network fee for internal transfers (you have 1000 USD worth of free internal transfers each month).
I want to withdraw the funds to my own wallet, what software should I use?
Your funds are safe in your Paxful Wallet, but if you want to keep USDT in your own wallet, you can find the software for your desktop or mobile device here:
Why won’t my transaction go through?
Make sure you copied the address correctly. Keep in mind that addresses are case-sensitive. Also, make sure your address is either Ethereum USDT (starts with ‘0x’) or TRON USDT (starts with ‘T’).
If you’re still running into issues, feel free to reach out to our support team.