Technical problems and solutions
Bitcoins not received after website maintenance
All incoming transactions will be rebroadcasted and added to recipients' accounts. If the transaction was not deposited in 24 hours please contact support.
"Error uploading file"
Getting an error when uploading file on the trade chat.
We have a validation in place making sure that non-image files will not be uploaded. Also, this error can appear on a limited number of phones that are uploading an empty file.
IP address is banned
A user is getting a prompt that IP is banned when trying to access the website.
This means IP can no longer be used to access the website. The IP is highly likely been banned for being previously linked to fraudulent activity or the number of requests received from it exceeded normal limit.
Your IP can also be from the banned counties list.
Email notifications not received
A user is not receiving notifications.
Go to your Account settings and check Notifications settings, you can set ticks for notifications you want to receive.
If you are not getting notifications for trades but you are receiving all other notifications and notification settings are correct.
Check the spam folder. Maybe their email provider like Gmail or Microsoft or anything else is blocking emails that contain certain words.
Bitcoins not received
Incoming transaction already confirmed on blockchain but not showing on Paxful wallet.
1. You sent transaction back to wallet from which you received your last Paxful transaction, which is not your Paxful wallet.
2. Could be an issue with BitGo - our partner service. Please contact support to escalate this issue to administrators for a closer investigation.
Error "Email must be a valid email address"
Some users are getting this prompt on the create account section.
Make sure there is no space before the email address. Or better to manually type your email in the "email" box and in the "repeat your email" box, do not copy and paste.
Inability to leave feedback after a trade
Some users cannot leave feedback after a trade was successful.
Users are not able to leave feedback if the system detected both trade partners share the same IP address.
Copy/Paste problem with bitcoin address
User is trying to copy his wallet address but instead, a different address is being copied.
Either a malicious browser extension or some sort of other malicious software installed on the user's computer that monitors clipboard for bitcoin addresses and replaces them.
Very carefully check your browser for extensions and scan PC with anti-malware tool.
Bitcoin send out is delayed, send out without transaction ID
User send outs are showing as "Bitcoin queued to send out"
If the transaction is already listed on the blockchain, this could be a slowdown on the blockchain network. But if it just shows as in queue and not showing on the blockchain, could be failed sent out within Paxful. It needs to be reported to support and send out batch should be rebroadcasted manually.
Retrieve bond button is missing
Users are not seeing the retrieve bond button.
1. Bond is available for withdrawal if 7 days is passed after last trade for gift cards.
2. If all conditions are met to retrieve the bond then the user has to make sure there is a created offer for the retrieve bond button to appear.
Phone number verification
I cannot verify my phone number because I did not receive a one-time code via SMS.
This could be an issue with the country's SMS gateway and we really can't do much about it. The user still will be able to trade and see a lot of offers even though your account is not phone verified.
One possible solution is to try another mobile service provider.
This issue may persist in certain African regions.
List of banned countries, OFAC
As of October 2018
As a US company, we comply with Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC") sanctions. The OFAC is a division of the US Department of the Treasury that administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on US foreign policy and national security goals against targeted foreign countries and regimes, terrorists, international narcotics traffickers, those engaged in activities related to the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, and other threats to the national security, foreign policy or economy of the United States. As such, some are broad-based and oriented geographically (i.e. Cuba, Iran). Others are “targeted” and focus on specific individuals and entities.
Users and traffic from the following countries are banned for Paxful:
- Central African Republic Sanctions
- Crimea region
- North Korea
- South Sudan-related Sanctions
- Sudan and Darfur
Additionally, as we fully co-operate with all OFAC and Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) and Blocked persons lists, we block individuals who threaten international stabilization efforts as defined by OFAC in the regions of:
- Democratic Republic of the Congo-Related
- Western Balkans area and Belarus as part of Ukraine-/Russia-Related Sanctions
- Venezuela related sanctions
- Zimbabwe related sanctions
- Democratic Republic of the Congo-Related
Furthermore, we use the OFAC Consolidated sanctions list which covers non-SDN sanctions designations under the following programs:
- Foreign Sanctions Evaders (FSE) List
- Sectoral Sanctions Identifications (SSI) List
- Palestinian Legislative Council (NS-PLC) list
- The List of Foreign Financial Institutions Subject to Part 561 (the Part 561 List)
- Non-SDN Iranian Sanctions Act (NS-ISA) List
- List of Persons Identified as Blocked Solely Pursuant to Executive Order 13599 (the 13599 List)
Globally, we screen the following lists:
- UN Consolidated Sanctions list which covers various UN Security Council Resolutions
- The EU Consolidated Sanctions list which covers the following programs enforced by the EU Security Council and maintained by the European External Actions Service:
- Arms embargoes
- Trade restrictions, such as import and export bans
- Financial restrictions
- Restricting movements, such as visa or travel bans
- HM Treasury Consolidated list covers entities designated under the following regulations:
- ‘UK listing only’ – listed under TAFA 2010 only
- ‘Both UK and EU listing’ – listed under TAFA 2010 and under the EU’s asset-freezing regime
- ‘EU listing only’ – listed under EU’s asset freezing regime. The prohibitions are found in
- Council Regulation (EC) No 2580/2001 with penalties given by TAFA 2010.