Technical Problems and Solutions
Why did my wallet address change?
If you have noticed that your Paxful bitcoin wallet address has changed, it isn’t a technical error. This has happened as we have upgraded our bitcoin wallet service. Don’t worry—this was a planned update and everything is working as expected. Your old bitcoin address is still valid and your funds are safe.
Not receiving emails from Paxful
If you’re not receiving emails from Paxful, here’s what you can do to fix this:
- Ensure you have logged in to the correct email address which you used to register on Paxful.
- Check your spam folder. Sometimes our emails could be sitting there.
- Whitelist Paxful email addresses. Meaning, add our email addresses to your trusted list of senders. (The process may vary from one email service provider to another.)
- Email addresses to whitelist:
- Ensure that your email client or service provider is working normally.
- Select a popular email domain if possible.
Why do I receive "Unknown bitcoin address" error message?
While sending bitcoin from Paxful wallet to an external wallet, you may receive a message: “Unknown bitcoin address”. This may happen due any to the following reasons:
- You have entered an incorrect wallet address.
- You have entered a non-existing wallet address.
- You have entered an address that is not a Bitcoin network address.
To resolve this error, do the following:
- Verify the wallet address you enter.
- Ensure you have entered a valid bitcoin address.
- Trade chat not opening
Invalid parameters. Missing bitcoin address.
After clicking the Send button on the wallet page an error message appears: "Invalid Parameters. Missing bitcoin address.".
It means a bitcoin address is still being generated. Please contact us via support widget to generate a wallet address.
"Error uploading file"
Getting an error when uploading a file in the trade chat.
In order to upload a file successfully, it needs to meet these requirements:
- File formats accepted: jpeg, jpg, png, and pdf
- Max 3 files can be uploaded simultaneously
- The file max size is 300MB
Email notifications not received
A user is not receiving notifications.
Go to your Account settings and check Notifications settings, you can set ticks for notifications you want to receive.
If you are not getting notifications for trades but you are receiving all other notifications and notification settings are correct.
Check the spam folder. Maybe their email provider like Gmail or Microsoft or anything else is blocking emails that contain certain words.
Copy/Paste problem with bitcoin address
User is trying to copy his wallet address but instead, a different address is being copied.
Either a malicious browser extension or some sort of other malicious software installed on the user's computer that monitors the clipboard for bitcoin addresses and replaces them.
Very carefully check your browser for extensions and scan PC with anti-malware tool.
Bitcoin send out is delayed, send out without transaction ID
User send outs are showing as "Bitcoin queued to send out"
If the transaction is already listed on the blockchain, this could be a slowdown on the blockchain network. But if it just shows as in queue and not showing on the blockchain, could be failed sent out within Paxful. It needs to be reported to support and send out batch should be rebroadcasted manually.
Phone number verification
I cannot verify my phone number because I did not receive a one-time code via SMS.
This could be an issue with the country's SMS gateway and we really can't do much about it. The user still will be able to trade and see a lot of offers even though your account is not phone verified.
One possible solution is to try another mobile service provider.
This issue may persist in certain African regions.