What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is an online currency that can be sent to anywhere in the world using the internet, just like sending an email.
To send or receive bitcoin, you’re going to need a bitcoin wallet. A bitcoin wallet is your very own online wallet where you can store all your hard-earned bitcoin. When you join Paxful, you get a safe, free and super simple to use bitcoin wallet. The Paxful bitcoin wallet works with every other wallet. With every bitcoin wallet comes a wallet address. You can send your wallet address to people and they, in turn, can send bitcoin to your wallet. With your very own wallet, you can send, receive, and store bitcoin. You can also see all transactions just like your online banking.
You can also use bitcoin to buy things online from stores that accept it as a payment method. Ever since its invention, there have been more and more businesses that accept bitcoin as payment so go try your luck, and the store you’re looking at might accept bitcoin. Imagine the convenience of doing all your business transactions online using a safe and reliable wallet like Paxful’s.
The most challenging part of bitcoin is getting your first bitcoin. This may be even harder for you if you don’t have a bank account. Luckily, Paxful accepts over 300 methods of payment so look through them and see which one works best for you. At Paxful, you buy bitcoin from Paxful vendors which are people who sell their bitcoin at a profit. This is because they accept many different forms of payments like gift cards, Western Union, bank transfers, and much more. Getting your hand on some bitcoin has never been this easy! When you decide on a way to pay and find a good deal, then follow the instructions the vendor gives you and you will have bitcoin to your wallet in minutes.
Once you’ve got your first bitcoin, be sure to secure your account with activating our 2-Factor Authentication or better yet, use Google Authenticator for a much more secure experience. With those in your hand, you are ready to bask in the glory of peer-to-peer finance!
Paxful provides a safe marketplace where you can buy and sell bitcoin using over 300 payment methods! Read more about how to use our platform and keep on trading using Paxful!
What is Paxful?
Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer finance platform for trading bitcoin.
In 2014, Ray Youssef and Artur Schaback founded EasyBitz which was then renamed to Paxful. They had one goal in mind when they created it: to make bitcoin easier for everyone from businesses to merchants.
A lot of big problems in the world revolve around money, specifically earning it and transporting it. Sending money around the world is not fast or cheap in any way, but Paxful changed that.
Paxful is the leading peer-to-peer bitcoin marketplace where buyers and sellers are connected for business. Having over 300 payment methods available on Paxful makes it incredibly easy to find suitable offers. We give the users complete control over their money. Along with our escrow system and our dedicated 24/7 customer support, Paxful is also extremely secure if you know how to minimize the risk and know how to secure your account. Upon sign up, Paxful users are given a FREE wallet.
The peer-to-peer system of Paxful removes borders and limits. You can think of your Paxful account as your very own financial passport. With it, you can send money and buy things from halfway around the world. Build a business with our affiliate program.
Our community has over 2 million users and it continues to grow. These users can make trading on Paxful extremely easy and hassle-free.
That is Paxful. Money Your Way!
Create your very own Paxful account today!
There are over 300 ways to buy and sell bitcoin on Paxful.
Here are some of our more popular payment options:
- Buy bitcoin with Bank Transfer, Cash
- Buy bitcoin with Online Wallets like PayPal, Skrill, Neteller
- Buy bitcoin with iTunes gift cards
- Buy bitcoin with Amazon gift cards
- Buy bitcoin doing local trades for Cash In-Person
- Buy bitcoin with altcoins like Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, and so on.
By clicking here, you can search for the ways you want to pay. All you have to do is input the amount of bitcoin you want to buy, the currency and the payment method you’ll be using. If you can’t find the payment method you’re looking for, you can always suggest one! It’s as simple as looking for a link that says “Your payment method doesn’t exist? Click here to suggest a new one”.
The ways in which you can buy bitcoin are called “payment methods”.
Each way you can buy bitcoin is called a “payment method”. You can find a list of all available payment methods here. This list is always growing as Paxful traders in the market are creating new payment methods all the time. Each payment method has its own specifics and risk levels that you need to familiarize with before starting a trade. The peer-to-peer system that Paxful has, encourages this as it makes it easier to buy bitcoin.
Terms of Service and user agreement
View the latest Terms of Service and user agreement here
Payment Group Sell Bitcoin Buy Bitcoin Bank Transfers 0.5% no fee Credit/Debit Cards 1% no fee Digital Currencies 1% no fee Online Wallets 1% no fee Cash 1% no fee Goods & Services 1% no fee Gift Cards
3% for all gift card types
(except iTunes and Google Play)
5% iTunes and Google Play
Wallet Type Send Out Incoming External Wallet $0 - $9.99 = 0.0001 BTC
$10 - $19.99 = 0.0002 BTC
$20+ = 0.0005 BTC
no fee Internal Wallet
5 per month - no fee
more than 5 per month - a fee of $1.00 or 1% of the sending amount, whichever is greater.
- Paxful does not charge any fees to customers who are buying bitcoin.
- When purchasing bitcoin from another customer on Paxful, you are buying bitcoin at a rate set by the customers themselves. These rates vary based on numerous factors such as your verification status, payment method, currency pair (such as USD, EUR, CNY), and order size.
- Be sure to evaluate each offer that you choose when buying bitcoin. Tips on how to buy bitcoin can be found here.
- Paxful charges fees to customers who sell bitcoin.
- The fee varies depending on the method of payment you accept for selling your bitcoin.
- Bank Transfers: 0.5%
- Credit/Debit Cards: 1%
- Digital Currencies: 1%
- Online Wallets: 1%
- Cash: 1%
- Gift Cards: 3% for all gift card types (except iTunes and Google Play), 5% iTunes and Google Play.
- This escrow amount is deducted from your Paxful wallet at the beginning of the trade. Upon successful completion of the trade, Paxful receives the escrow fee. If the trade is not completed, i.e bitcoin is released from escrow back to the bitcoin seller, Paxful takes no fee.
- Paxful charges a wallet send out fee for every send out from a Paxful wallet to an external bitcoin address. Here are three tiers of our fees:
- $0 -$9.99 = 0.0001 BTC
- $10 -$19.99 = 0.0002 BTC
- $20+ = 0.0005 BTC
- This fee covers the associated miner fee and maintenance of our secure wallet infrastructure.
- Sending bitcoin to another Paxful customer is free of charge for the first 5 transactions sent per month. After that, a fee of $1.00 or 1% of the sending amount, whichever is greater, will be applied to each transaction sent to another Paxful customer. The fee will be charged in Bitcoin and calculated based on the market rate of Bitcoin at the time of the transaction. If you do not have Bitcoin equivalent to $1.00 you will not be able to send funds.
Note: An internal wallet send out fee of $1.00 or 1% has been established due to the high amount of off-escrow trades on our platform. Off-escrow trades are trades made without our consent as they happen out of our regular trade process. This fee is used to prevent certain users from abusing our Terms of Service.