To set up up 2FA with Google Authenticator (GA) follow the steps below:
Google Authenticator Requirements:
Setting up Google Authenticator:
- Once the GA app is installed, login into your Paxful account on a different device.
- Hover over your username on the top right corner of the page and click Settings from the menu.
3. On the settings menu, click Security.
4. On the security page, under 2FA settings, choose Google Authenticator
- Click on the down arrow and a QR-code will appear.
- Scan the QR-code with your phone by using the Google Authenticator app. A 6-digit code will appear on the app. Or you can copy the code for manual setup.
- Enter the 6-digit code into the field below the QR-code. Your code will be automatically submitted once you input the code.
- You’ll then see a menu appear. To ensure that 2FA via GA is turned on, make sure it says Activated next to Status. Also check the toggle next to Logging in is blue.
- When all proper toggles are blue, you’re finished! 2FA with Google Authenticator is set up.
Deactivating Google Authenticator:
To remove Google Authenticator, hit the "Deactivate" button in the Activated Status Menu.
For information on how to troubleshoot Google Authenticator (GA) please visit our article on Troubleshooting 2FA.