While selling cryptocurrency some payment methods have an option of a chargeback. This means that after you’ve received a payment for your crypto your trade partner can request his funds back. A chargeback may happen as it is allowed by some third-party services that are used as payment methods. If such a situation occurs, here is what you can do.
- You can report a chargeback only for the following payment methods: Amazon Gift Card, Bank Transfer, MTN Mobile Money, PayPal, Zelle Pay.
- You can report a chargeback only after a trade has been completed (cryptocurrency has been released from the trade escrow).
- After receiving your report, we’ll do our best to solve the case. However, we don’t guarantee your funds at 100%.
- Make sure you’ve investigated the issue with your bank or wallet service provider before submitting a report with us.
- If you’ve already submitted a report, please give us some time to get back to you with our response. Thank you for your patience!
1. Open the trade in the list of your past trades: Dashboard > View past trades
2. On the bottom of the trade page, click Report a chargeback.
The Report a chargeback dialogue box appears.
3. On the Report a chargeback dialogue box, do the following:
- Choose one of the reasons for your report;
- Tick all boxes if any;
- Write any additional information into the Additional information field (sender’s name, email, and so on);
- Click Upload to upload a screenshot of any chargeback related messages and one screenshot of your wallet balance;
- Click Report chargeback to submit your request.
A confirmation dialogue box appears.
4. On confirmation dialogue box, click Okay.
We’ve received your report and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Tip: You can check the status of your report on the bottom of your trade page at any time. There are three chargeback report statuses:
Here are some safety tips to help you protect your funds.