To maintain safe conditions within the Paxful marketplace, we take action on accounts that violate any of our Terms of Service. These actions will have a status that restricts the usage of Paxful.
If your account is suspended, you are restricted from using your Paxful account.
If your account is frozen, you temporarily can’t buy or sell on Paxful and you can’t withdraw any funds. To regain access, you need to contact Paxful support and choose the following request type: Account Issues > Restrictions > My account is Frozen.
If your account is banned, you are permanently restricted from buying and selling. However, you will still be able to do a one-time withdrawal of all your funds from your Paxful account and send it to any wallet address you choose.
What causes account restrictions?
Here are some of the activities that can lead to your account being restricted:
- Seller of bitcoin asking to cancel the trade after the payment was completed.
- Conducting a trade outside of Paxful trade escrow by communicating through Telegram, WhatsApp, etc.
- Making a chargeback or reversing the payment after it has been processed.
- Coin locking or holding a seller’s bitcoin in escrow without the intention to make the payment and complete the trade.
- Unauthorized use of gift cards, such as selling a gift card in multiple trades and selling gift cards that have already been used. Read more about gift card trade specifics here.
- Forcing or tricking a trade partner to immediately release their bitcoin.
- Exploiting to receive financial support through unauthorized or improper use of funds, or coercing or deceiving people to release their possessions.
Paxful has zero tolerance for the following:
- Using multiple Paxful accounts.
- Using a fake identity or falsified verification documents.
- Using Paxful from an OFAC banned country listed on this page.
- Unauthorized use of gift cards / chargebacks / defrauding users.
How do I remove the restriction?
Some account restrictions such as banned and suspended are not reversible, therefore the actions are final.
However, if your account is frozen, first check your email for information, and then contact Support to figure out the next steps for appeal.
Warning: The quickest way to appeal a restriction of your account is by using our Contact Us form and choosing the following request type: Account Issues > Restrictions.