To maintain safe conditions within the Paxful marketplace, we take action on accounts that violate any of our Terms of Service. These actions will have a status that restricts the usage of Paxful.
If your account is suspended, you are restricted from using your Paxful account.
If your account is locked, you temporarily won’t be able to login to your Paxful account—this could be because you logged in from a new location, or we may have detected suspicious activity so it’s been locked to keep you safe. For more information, take a look at this article.
If your account is frozen, you temporarily can’t buy or sell on Paxful and you can’t withdraw any funds.
If your account has been limited, you are either permanently/temporarily restricted from trading, creating, and editing offers. Although your account is restricted, wallet services will still be available such as receiving, sending, and converting crypto.
If your account is on-hold, your account is restricted for a period of time for further review. After the time period expires, you can withdraw any funds in your wallet. If your account is not ID verified, you’ll be required to verify your ID before you can withdraw any funds.
If your account is banned, you are permanently restricted from buying and selling. However, you will still be able to do a one-time withdrawal of all your funds from your Paxful account and send it to any wallet address you choose. If you’re from a country on this list, or if you have reached your wallet send out limit, you’ll be required to verify your ID before you can withdraw your funds.
What causes account restrictions?
Here are some of the activities that can lead to your account being restricted:
- Seller of cryptocurrency asking to cancel the trade after the payment was completed.
- Conducting a trade outside of Paxful trade escrow by communicating through Telegram, WhatsApp, etc.
- Making a chargeback or reversing the payment after it has been processed.
- Coin locking or holding a seller’s cryptocurrency in escrow without the intention to make the payment and complete the trade.
- Unauthorized use of gift cards, such as selling a gift card in multiple trades and selling gift cards that have already been used.
- Forcing or tricking a trade partner to immediately release their cryptocurrency.
Paxful has zero tolerance for the following:
- Using multiple Paxful accounts.
- Using a fake identity or falsified verification documents.
- Using Paxful from an OFAC banned country listed on this page.
- Unauthorized use of gift cards / chargebacks / defrauding users.
How do I remove the restriction?
Some account restrictions such as banned and suspended are not reversible, therefore the actions are final.
However, if your account is frozen, first check your email for information, and then contact Support to figure out the next steps for appeal.
If your account is locked, please take a look at this article for steps on how to unlock your account.
Warning: The quickest way to appeal a restriction of your account is by using our Contact Us form and choosing the following request type: Accessing and using my account > My account is banned, frozen, suspended, or on-hold.