Selling bitcoin is very exciting and we are very happy that you are taking this journey with us.
Before you can sell, you must first create an account on Paxful. Paxful provides all of our users a free Bitcoin wallet upon sign up. Once you sign up, you will be assigned a wallet automatically. And finally, see how to deposit bitcoin to your Paxful wallet.
This guide will help to find existing offers to sell bitcoin. If you want to create your own offer, please see our article on creating offers.
Here’s a short video on how to sell bitcoin instantly:
Step 1 Setting up search requirements
1. Log in to your Paxful account and click Sell Bitcoin.
The Sell bitcoin page appears.
2. Click Show All or Any payment method field and select your preferred payment method to sell bitcoin on the dialog box that appears.
Alternatively, click VIEW OFFERS FOR ALL PAYMENT OPTIONS to see the list of all payment methods available.
3. Click Any currency and select your currency from the list. Enter the amount you want to trade in the Amount field.
You can leave the Amount field empty if you do not have any specific amount in mind.
4. Select your country from the Location list.
5. Click SEARCH FOR OFFERS. The offer list is updated according to your search requirements.
Step 2 Finding an offer
1. Browse through the list of offers.
The list begins with offers that have:
- Buyers with the best rating and reputation.
- Buyers who are the most active on the platform and are ready for instant trade.
- The most profitable discounts or margin.
Check the tags and labels for additional information about an offer. When you find an offer you like, click Sell.
Note: Your trade hasn’t started yet, at this point.
The Offer page appears.
Study all details of the offer such as:
- Selling limits — is the offered amount neither too low nor too high?
- Buyer’s rate — does it look profitable for you?
- Offer terms — is the buyer requesting additional documents or having specific requests as part of the trade procedure?
- Paxful fee — this fee depends on the payment method you choose.
2. Enter the amount you are ready to trade in the Fiat currency field or BTC field. Click SELL NOW.
3. In a dialog box that appears, click I understand the risk, proceed to sell bitcoin.
4. A new caution dialog box appears. Confirm reading the warning by clicking I have carefully read this warning and accept the risk.
The Trade chat page appears.
- When the trade starts, the bitcoin rate is fixed and will not fluctuate.
- Bitcoin is moved from your personal Paxful wallet to the trade’s secure escrow.
Step 3 Trading
1. Discuss the necessary details with your partner using our trade chat and follow their instructions carefully.
2. Once your trade partner has made the payment, click Release bitcoin.
Double-check if the amount sent to you is correct. Confirm sending BTC to the buyer by clicking Release bitcoin in a dialog box that appears.
You release BTC from the trade escrow to buyer's Paxful wallet. The trade is completed successfully.
- After a trade, consider leaving feedback to your trade partner. This helps other traders to understand who they are dealing with.
- If you need a public receipt of the BTC transaction, click Public receipt on the bottom of the page.