Selling bitcoins on Paxful is easy and safe.
This tutorial is going to explain an overall step-by-step guide on how to sell bitcoins through Paxful. The guide was made to help you better understand the process and make you aware of some risks that you may face when selling your Bitcoin on the site. The current guide will help to find existing offers. If you want to create your own offer, please check this guide.
Hover over the “Buy Bitcoin” button and click “Sell Bitcoin”.
Set your preferred offer requirements:
- Choose your preferred payment method from a list of over 300 payment methods.
- Select the amount you’ll be spending.
- Choose the currency you wish to deal in.
- Select a country.
Сlick “Search For Offers” and you will see a list of offers to choose from. Remember to look at every detail of each offer as all of them are important in finding the right offer: rate per Bitcoin, buyer’s reputation/activity etc.
Choose an offer and click “Sell”. This will not start a trade but will guide you to the offer details.
Please note: You can click on a user to open his profile for more details on your potential trade partner. Note the user’s reputation, activity, verification level, BTC volume, amount of trusted by or blocked by, when the user joined Paxful.
Read the offer terms and decide if the offer conditions fit you.
Once you read through the buyer’s offer terms and are happy with them, enter the amount you are willing to trade for and click “Sell Now”.
Now trade is open with the instructions and the chatbox. Your bitcoins are in the secured escrow connected to the trade.
Follow all instructions of the offer owner: send the required files and documents, provide necessary information for the payment.
Make sure you receive funds from the buyer. The buyer must confirm within the trade that he has paid you.
Click “Release bitcoins”. Bitcoins will go from trade escrow to the buyer’s Paxful wallet.
- Once a trade has started the amount of BTC in escrow is fixed. It will not change according to fluctuations!
- Do not click “Release bitcoins” button unless you are 100% sure about receiving the payment! Please check our tips on how to protect yourself from scammers.
- The BTC amount transferred to trade escrow includes a Paxful fee.
- You cannot cancel the trade before the time limit runs out.
- You cannot cancel the trade if the buyer confirmed making the payment.
- If you see that your trade partner is acting against our Terms of Service, you can start a dispute and wait for our Moderators to step in the argument.
- You can also register a report, which will be filed on the buyer’s profile and will be viewed and investigated later by our dedicated department.
Now bitcoins are released to the buyer’s wallet and you have received funds with your preferred payment method.
- After a trade, you can always download a public receipt.
- Public receipt:
- Do not forget to leave feedback to your trade partner. Feedback on our platform creates your reputation and is extremely valuable for each user.
Here are some of the more popular payment methods for buying and selling bitcoins:
- Want $1-$30? Gift cards might be a good option for you. There is a wide variety of gift cards available on Paxful such as iTunes, Target, Amazon, Walmart, BestBuy, or Gamestop. You can also use OneVanilla prepaid gift cards as well. Just buy one at a drug store and search for a good deal.
- Want to buy with a debit, credit, or prepaid gift card? Some vendors may ask for ID and the price might be a little bit higher than other payment methods, but you will get your bitcoins instantly.
- Want the BEST PRICE? Buy with bank cash deposit. Start talking to a vendor and get his bank account number and deposit the cash to the teller. You won’t even need a bank account as you’re paying with cash anyway.
- Want to buy bitcoins with PayPal, Netspend, Skrill, or other online wallets?