What is reputation on Paxful?
Reputation is a good way to understand how good or bad a trader somebody is on Paxful.
Reputation is an aggregated score displayed on a user’s public profile. Each user can give feedback to their trade partner after completing a trade. You need to remember that only successful trades are eligible for feedback.
If you’ve missed the opportunity to leave feedback on a trade, you can still do it by reopening the trade later. You can also make changes to the feedback you’ve already provided about a user.
What are the different types of feedback?
There are two types of feedback: positive and negative.
Note: Aside from giving feedback, you can also block a user.
Where can I check my reputation?
Log in to your Paxful account, hover over your username located on the upper right of the page, and click My profile on the context menu that appears.
Your Profile page opens up showing the positive and negative feedback score you’ve received so far, underneath your username.
For more detailed information, scroll down to the Feedback tab:
Where can I see the reputation of other users?
On the offer list, click the username whose reputation you’re interested in.
The Profile page appears.
Note: On the public list, you can see only the positive feedback the user has received.
You’ll see the positive and negative feedback score the user has received so far, underneath their username.
During a trade, you can find the positive and negative score of a user close to their username in the trade chat.
How to leave feedback?
- To change your feedback, reopen the trade, choose the new feedback type, edit the comment you’d already written, and click Update feedback.
- You can leave only one feedback for a user per payment method, per currency. Example: You have 5 Amazon gift card trades in USD, 3 Amazon gift card trades in GBP, 5 Bank Transfer trades in USD, and 3 Paypal trades in USD with a user. It means you can leave only 4 feedbacks in total. However, you can always update the existing feedback, according to your latest trade experience.
On the last step of a trade, the feedback section appears.
Click Positive or Negative, enter any additional comments you have in the comment field, and click Submit feedback.
What’s not allowed?
- Don’t leave negative feedback for no reason as this is unfair and it’ll make it harder for users to trade if their reputation is bad.
- Beware that intentionally ruining a users’ reputation is considered malicious action and it could get you banned from Paxful.
- Building up a fake reputation by creating fake trades is also not acceptable, and you’ll be banned from trading on Paxful.