While sending bitcoins from Paxful wallet to an external wallet, you may receive a message: “Unknown bitcoin address”. This may happen due any to the following reasons:
- You have entered an incorrect wallet address.
- You have entered a non-existing wallet address.
- You have entered an address that is not a Bitcoin network address.
- You have entered a bech32 type wallet address.
Note: Bech32 type also known as "bc1 addresses" are wallet addresses that start with bc1. Example: bc1qar0srrr7xfkvy5l643lydnw9re59gtzzwf5mdq.
To resolve this error, do the following:
- Verify the wallet address you enter.
- Ensure you have entered a valid Bitcoin address.
- Ensure the wallet address you entered is not a Bech32 address.