The reasons you lost the dispute could be:
- Not providing valid evidence requested within 12 hours of the dispute.
- You cannot prove that you are the original owner of the gift card. We do not advise selling a card that you did not originally buy.
- Selling a used or invalid gift card. No brokering of gift cards is allowed.
- A violation of the other party’s offer terms and/or trade instructions
- You redeemed a valid gift card and did not release the bitcoin.
- Other violations of Paxful’s Terms of Service
Important: Some of these reasons could lead to your account being permanently banned from our platform.
Supporting the gift card business comes at a very high cost. The guidelines we follow are to protect the Paxful community when a gift card dispute is started.
What to do during a gift card dispute?
Paxful conducts thorough investigations to resolve gift card disputes, despite minimal support from gift card services. If you enter a dispute, you must be prepared to prove that you are the owner of the card. If you are not the original owner of the gift card, this makes proving the validity of the gift card very difficult. For this reason, sellers of bitcoin are highly favored.
What do we ask for in gift card disputes?
- A photo of the original gift card with your Paxful trade chat clearly visible in the background
- A complete photo of the original receipt (no cut-offs)
- For electronic codes (e-code), an invoice of the original payment and video recording of your bank statement as proof of purchase
- Proof of exchange between third party’s customer support
- Any additional evidence required at Paxful’s discretion (Example: ID Verification)
Please note: Gift card disputes may take up to three weeks to resolve. Following the moderator's instructions and being responsive in the trade chat is important in resolving the dispute in a timely manner. You can learn more about the dispute process here.
As per our Terms of Service, we remind you that Paxful is not a licensed gift card vendor or an authorized dealer of any gift card issuer - and brokering or reselling gift cards is strictly prohibited on our platform. Paxful understands that gift card disputes can be quite challenging and we are working towards a solution to make the trading experience safe and secure for all our users.