On Paxful, we have our dispute system through which conflicts between our users are settled in the fairest way possible.
Our marketplace offers an opportunity for our customers to freely trade cryptocurrency with each other and a vast majority of the trades go smoothly and successfully. But some cases require the intervention of a third party — our moderators. This article will give you an overview of the dispute resolution process.
Here’s a short and informative video on the topic:
Steps to start a dispute
1. In the trade chat, click Dispute.
The Dispute dialog box appears.
2. Select a dispute reason from the list and explain what happened clearly in the text box below.
Here are the dispute options for sellers and buyers:
- Cryptocurrency seller: Coin locking, payment issue, other.
- Cryptocurrency buyer: Unresponsive vendor, payment issue, other.
3. Click Start dispute and check your trade chat for a message from a moderator.
4. Provide as much evidence as you can, such as:
- Proof of payment (transaction receipt, a screenshot of payment, video proof)
- Proof of ownership (transaction receipt, receipt from the store of the gift cards, online receipt,
- Operation screenshots or video recording.
- Phone call recording of a conversation with the third party’s customer support.
- Any additional proof as requested by our moderators.
- Once you have submitted a dispute request, you do not have to contact our Support. Our moderators will definitely look into your case as soon as possible and reach out to you.
- Dispute investigation is a complicated process and may take time (up to three weeks). We are grateful for your patience and understanding.
- Don’t flood the chat with messages as it may hold up the moderator. Wait for the moderator to join the dispute for investigation.
How to cancel your dispute?
If you have started a dispute but changed your mind and want to cancel it, do one the following:
- If you started a dispute as a seller and you see that the buyer has resolved the issue from their side, click Release.
- If you started a dispute as a buyer and you see that the issue has been resolved, click Cancel.
Tip: To ensure the best solution possible, wait for a moderator and let them decide on how to solve the dispute.
Reasons for losing a dispute
If you lose a dispute, it could be for several reasons. The most common reasons are:
- You were not able to provide clear reasons and evidence as requested by the moderator
- The evidence you provided was not enough
We also check the trading history of both parties to see if you were able to follow the trade instructions or offer terms of the previous trades. A decision is made only when the investigation is finalized to the moderator’s satisfaction. Read more here: Why did I lose a gift card dispute?
Read more on how to protect your funds from scammers in our security guide.