Give some time for the bitcoin network to process your transaction.
We wait for 3 confirmations before we make your balance fully available. This is the industry standard for a truly secure wallet. This can take anywhere from five minutes to an hour, depending on the bitcoin network.
Here’s how to check the bitcoin transaction status:
- Look for the transaction ID. You can get it from your wallet transaction history after you have made the transfer. It should look like this: e2e400094he873ec4af1c0ae7af8c3697aaace9f7f56564137dd1ca21b448502s
- Go to https://live.blockcypher.com/ and type in the transaction ID into the search field. It should then show how many confirmations the transaction has. If it has 3 or more confirmations, the recipient should have received the funds. If the transaction still hasn’t appeared in the recipient's wallet, then reach out to their provider. If the transaction has less than 3 confirmations, the transaction has left the sending wallet but it still in the middle of processing. If your transaction says “No Transaction Found”, then the transaction never left the sending wallet. In that case, you should contact the provider of the sending wallet.
Here are factors which affect the speed of bitcoin transactions:
- Miner's fee. The higher miner's fee you choose to pay, the higher is the priority of your transaction within the blockchain. Please note that Paxful has fixed fees for all outgoing external transactions.
- The blockchain processor service you (your provider) use. Paxful uses services of BitGo - the most secure and successful blockchain processing service in the world. In case if you transfer from Paxful wallet to an external wallet which is also processed by BitGo, it significantly improves the speed of your transaction.
- All transactions made between wallets provided by Paxful are instant.